A Psycho-Spiritual Anti-Depressant
Connect deeply”— Karol E Watson, MD, PhD, Co-Director of the UCLA Program in Preventive Cardiology
- BE ATTENTIVE Listen to your own thoughts and words. How do you talk to yourself and others? Support yourself and others with your thoughts, beliefs and actions. Question all words and concepts that are not productive and health promoting to yourself and others.
- Listen to the words of your Higher Self.
- Do not believe the words of The Restrictor: “I am not good enough.” “ Everyone does it better.” “Who am I to think that I can…?” These words will rob energy, exhaust you and will lead to the thought “Why bother?” This is the route to depression.
- Instead- believe these words: “Yes, I can do it-one step at a time. I have been given gifts and talents to create and a mind that can change!“
- LAUGH at your mis-takes . We are all fools and sages. None of us is so important to be taken seriously all the time – even the President!
- GIVE UP THE ADDICTIVE HABIT OF COMPLAINING.
- Recognize the difference between healthy grieving and “kvetching”.
- Practice the GRATITUDE ATTITUDE. Say thank you to yourself, out-loud to another and to God twice a day for what you are grateful for in this moment.
- USE CREATIVITY and BRAIN-STORMING to unlock the door to POSSIBILITY.
- ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS. ACKNOWLEDGE OTHERS GENEROUSLY.
- BE ATTENTIVE TO WHAT IS BLESSED, FUNCTIONAL, WHOLE AND GOOD. This includes a heart that beats, telephones that work, planes that bring us close to one another and all those who love us, protect us- pets, friends, family and that occasional stranger that gives you just the direction you need.
- OPEN TO RECEIVE. GOD IS CALLING. PICK UP THE PHONE AND ANSWER. If you don’t believe in God – that’s OK- just find some Source of Energy bigger than you.
- MULTIPLY YOUR JOY. Start with some small, good thing-a momentary pleasure. Bless it, be grateful for it, and share it. It will multiply. The opposite is also true. Negative thinking is like a virus. See how powerful you are!
- TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU ARE WORTHY. Feed yourself thoughts, food, environments, people who are full of love and beauty.
- MOVE YOUR BODY, MOVE YOUR ENERGY. Sing, dance play & pray. Dance gives you’re the opportunity to do both simultaneously!
- CRADLE YOUR INNER CHILD. RESPECT YOUR OUTER ADULT. KNOW THAT YOU ARE NEVER ALONE. GOD IS LOVING YOU, GOD IS PRAYING FOR YOU IN EVERY MOMENT.
“God, distill me to pure essence
That I may hear
Your prayers for me….”